This is actually my step-grandmother's recipe: I post it in her honor.
Throw all of the leftovers that you find in the refrigerator and food cabinet into a blender. Add water for regular blender soup. Add milk or cream for Cream of Blender Soup. Blend to desired consistency. Heat. Serve.
1. Do not use rotten or moldy food. It spoils the taste.
2. Do not use coffee grounds, egg shells or things that can not be blended to a non-gritty consistency.
3. A little soy sauce often improves the flavoring.
4. You can and should use parts that you throw away when preparing vegetables. Potato peels, tops of carrots, etc. add flavor and vitamins. You can save these in the freezer until you are ready to make your soup.
5. A little left over meat helps the flavor. Half eaten hamburgers with the lettuce, tomato, pickle and sauces should be tossed into the soup, bread and all. You can decide on how much fat content you want. I find that chicken skins, etc. left by fastidious eaters can be scraped off their plates and put in the soup.
6. Do not tell people what is in the soup. Higher-class people serve with style. Wear a mask; add a bit of mystery.
7. You can add earthworms gathered from your garden, but cook them first in a hot skillet. Other cooked bugs can also be used. It is best not to reveal these contents to the eaters.
8. It is best to carry insurance with a policy that covers any unfortunate reactions by your guests.
9. A slice of lemon or a dash of whipped cream or even a spring of celery on top of the soup is advisable.
10. You may want to add a can of regular soup to the mix. I recommend cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, cheese soup, or beef broth.
11. You can add seafood. A few sardines add an interesting flavor.
12. You can substitute orange juice, Coca-Cola, or ginger ale for the water or milk.
13. It is a good way to use the left-over turkey from Thanksgiving. You can use the meat and the liver, heart, gizzard, etc.
14. For formal occasions, add rum, whiskey, or vodka. Be creative.
15. It can be frozen on a stick to enjoy for a breakfast popsicle.
16. Left-over pizza of all types goes well in blender soup.
17. Left-over gravy goes well in blender soup.
18. When you go to a restaurant, bring home everything on the plate, and make sure to pick up the free packets of jelly, butter, creamers, catsup, etc. They go well in the soup.
19. Left-over Chinese food is particularly good in blender soup.
20. You can save left-over blender soup for stock to use in your next batch of blender soup. With this method, you original stock can be passed down to your children and to your children’s children.