that's the beauty of it. I wasn't either so far with the general www.couchsurfing.com
. But with only members from this forum?
that's different. Just imagine the chances you open up for yourself to meet really interesting people and likeminded as well. And also, it's not like they just come by unannounced.
Couchsurfing has rules, and if the admins of this board decide to start a subforum for it, those rules will have to be announced
1. You only give out the city where you live, not your precise address and your contact details (mail). And if somebody is intersted they have to make contact and give you all their details and you decide whether you want them or not. It's always up to you. I'm sure you know some folks in the forum you wouldn't mind meeting
2. You participate by offering a couch. It's a give and take, if you want to make use of it you have to offer your couch as well.
3. In your post you have to write important things for people to know:
- How many spaces are available (for example, one couch for two, space for two more sleeping bags, max. number of people you want to have, including or excluding kids/pets etc)
- Times where it is generally impossible for you to have somebody (for example during the week or in August)
- Rules or restrictions that your guest has to accept (for example non-smoking household, pets in the household, and so on)
4. Couch surfing is always free of charge. As I wrote, it's a give and take.
@Donata: *sigh* you just strongly weakened my resolve not to go to the USA! I would love to meet you! But I really dislike the treatment one gets who wants to enter the country (fingerprints and questionaires... I don't like this total surveillance thing)