We've recently become aware that there is some confusion about how new Bards should request access to the OBOD forums; it seems that there are two different documents in the first packet that address the issue and that they give slightly different information. This will be corrected soon, but in the meantime, here is the real deal!
1. If you haven't registered an account here on the message board, do so now. Just click the "Register" link at the top of the page and follow the prompts. Once you submit your information, you should almost immediately receive an e-mail with a link to click to activate your account. Click the link and you're ready to go. (If you don't receive the activation e-mail within a minute of submitting your registration, check your spam box. If you still can't find it, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and an admin will manually activate it for you.)
2. Once your account is activated, send an e-mail to OBODforumaccess@druidry.org and provide the following information:
- Your username on this board
- Your real name (as registered with OBOD)
- Your mailing address (as registered with OBOD)
- The OBOD grade forum to which you're requesting access (i.e., whichever you are currently studying—Bard, Ovate, or Druid)
- A quote from a Gwers of your grade as specified below:
Bards: the first sentence of the first paragraph of the text on the first white page (p. 55) of Bardic Gwers 3. Note: you do not have to have completed Gwersi 1 and 2 before you ask for entrance to the members' areas; if you are new, just open the third booklet and copy the first sentence. If you are receiving the audio course only, quote the sentence spoken on Gwers 3, Track 1.
Ovates and Druids: the first sentence of the first paragraph of the text on the first white page of Ovate or Druid Gwers 1.