Moonpanther wrote:Hey Rocas,
Loved reading about your modifications! makes me all the more anxious to get more of my planned ones done!
A few of my friends and I have a theory about peircings that I thought I might float here seeing you have so many and mentioned the ritual and representational aspects of the piercing, bear with me while I try to explain it in a way that makes sense.
* The body runs on electricity
* Most peircings mean that the wearer has a piece of metal placed in their body
* Metal is conductive
Therefore, it seems to make sense to us that the metal of peircings can change how electricity runs through your body.
Some examples of how this works:
My husband used to have many peircings, after a while he went to a naturopath about some (psychic) energy related issues and she suggested that he try taking out his peircings as they were in areas that in accupuncture would change the energy flow through his body (so imagine that he had been having major accupuncture constantly for years!!!). He decided to give it a try and took them all out. He says that the change was phenomenal and could be felt as he was taking them out. He no longer has any peircings although he is considering getting some soon, but planning it more with the flows of energy through his body in mind.
When I met my husband I had a number of peircings and he suggested that I try taking them out (just for a couple of days) to see if I experienced something similar. I was sceptical but tried it.
I was AMAZED at the result.
* My belly button was not much but I did feel a slight lightening as if a small weight had been lifted. I felt no desire to replace that peircing.
* My lip had grown over due to lack of a work appropriate ring, just previous and I had not noticed any change at that time. I have since had my husband re-peirce my lip - it was the only peircing I ever 'really' wanted and feels very right now.
* My ears had two rings in each and I noticed no real change when they were taken out, however when I tried putting them back in a couple of days later I found that I experienced a similar depressive state that I had when I was 15 (the age that I got those peircings) so I took them out again, I only wear earings occasionally now although I intend to work on improving them so I can wear them all the time (I miss my earings!)
* The truley amazing one though was my tounge. I had had it peirced at the request of my ex who had not wanted me to get my lip done and said I should get my tounge done instead. I never really felt any personal meaning in it. When we took it out we both felt a physical release of 'nasty, smelly, dark and generally icky' energy - it made me quite dizzy!.
we soaked the ring in salt water and threw it away. I have not worn one there since and have no intention to get it re-peirced. Interestingly enough I have found that I now have much less trouble speaking my mind/verbally standing up for my self, which was quite an issue before.
Anyhow I just thought that this was interesting and felt like sharing it with you all (sorry it was so long!!) and finding out if anyone else had had similar ideas/experiences...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests