1. By purchasing the Bardic grade course from the Oak Tree Press, who act as publishers and distributors of the course for the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids, you are also joining the Order as a member. (This only applies to the full course - not the introductory pack).
2. Your contact details (name, address and email) will be kept on the Order’s database as a member, unless you choose to resign from the Order.
3. Your contact details are held on the database so we can send you course materials and also our monthly journal, Touchstone.
4. If you request a mentor, your contact details will be supplied to your allocated mentor so they can contact you during your journey through the course.
5. All correspondence between yourself, the mentor coordinating team and mentors is entirely confidential, and will be deleted on request.
6. At the end of each grade, students are invited to send a review of their work. After being read by the mentor, these reviews are forwarded to the mentor coordinator, and are stored in a secure archive. At the end of the Druid Grade, the Druid Grade review is read by the mentor and then forwarded to the OBOD office, so they can mail you a certificate and so the Order’s Chief can read your review and write to you about it. The review is then stored in a secure archive. Reviews will be returned or deleted on request.
7. Sometimes a student asks to transfer from one language edition of the course to another, in which case their contact details will be shared with the distributor of the relevant foreign language edition.
8. If you do not join the Order, but simply order an introductory pack or item from the Order’s store, your contact details will be retained on the database, but you may request that they be deleted at any time by emailing email@example.com
9. Your contact details will never be given or sold to any third party.
10. Under EU data privacy laws, you have a right to change, request access to, or object to the processing of any personal data that we hold, or to ask for it to be deleted. Should you wish to do any of the above, please contact the Secretary, OBOD, PO Box 1333, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1DX. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Data protection outside the EU - We will take steps to ensure that your personal data is protected in accordance with the applicable data protection laws in countries that are outside the EU.
12. Our Pledge: we will protect your personal data against loss or theft, as well as from unauthorised access, disclosure, use or modification.
13. Our Data Protection Policy: we may revise or supplement our Data Protection Policy from time to time to reflect any changes in legislation or the introduction of new technology. To receive a copy of our full Data Protection Policy, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding the information given here, please contact the Secretary, OBOD, PO Box 1333, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1DX. Email email@example.com.