In response to the changing needs and interests of the online community, The Druid Grove, OBOD’s online discussion forum/message board, will become accessible to OBOD members only on 1 November 2017.
The Druid Grove is the only official site on the Internet for discussions among members of their OBOD studies, and we believe this function remains a valuable resource for our members.
If you are already on the message board as a member of either the Bards, Ovates, or Druids forum, nothing will change for you. You will continue to have access to whatever forums you can access now.
To continue to the Discussion Forums, click here.
If you are an OBOD member already on the message board but have never requested access to one of the grade forums and you wish to continue participating, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Existing Member” and include the following information:
· Your username on this forum
· Your real name (as registered with OBOD)
· Your city, state/province etc., and country of residence or on record with with OBOD (specific street address is not needed)
· If sharing gwersi with another member, that person's name and city
· The OBOD grade forum to which you're requesting access (i.e., whichever you are currently studying—Bard, Ovate, or Druid)
· The grade-specific password (same word you used to create your account) from the letter that came with your first packet
o If you don't have the letter, use ALTERNATE VERIFICATION PROCEDURE, below
If you are a new OBOD member who would like to join the message board, please register an account at http://messageboard.druidry.org/ucp.php?mode=register. In the “Confirmation of Registration” box at the bottom of the registration form, please enter the verification word (“password”) for your grade provided to you in the letter that accompanied your first pack of gwersi. If you don't have it, or have any questions, please write email@example.com and someone will help you register.
ALTERNATE VERIFICATION PROCEDURE
In the absence of a verification word, please supply a quote from the gwersi you're studying, as follows:
· Bards: The first line of the first paragraph on the first white page of Bardic Gwers 3 (p. 55). Hint: it's a long sentence and the second word is "central." If you have the audio version only, quote the first line of track 1 of the CD that has the first 4 gwersi.
· Ovates: The first line of the first paragraph of Ovate Gwers 1. If you have only the audio version, quote the first line of track 1 of the first CD.
· Druids: The first line of the first paragraph of Druid Gwers 1.
To the non-members who have contributed over the years, we extend our thanks for your contributions and wish you well in your future interactions. Your accounts will be deactivated but not deleted, so if you ever join OBOD, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the information specified above, and request reactivation.
If you are on Facebook and would like to participate in Druidry-oriented discussions on that venue, there are a number of open Druidry-oriented groups. Here are a few:
OBOD Friends https://www.facebook.com/groups/obodfriends/
Wyrd Druidry (OBOD & Friends) https://www.facebook.com/groups/457945784244925/
OBOD Friends – Italia https://www.facebook.com/groups/328027467341711/
OBOD – LL (Netherlands) https://www.facebook.com/groups/fbobod/
North American Druidry (not specifically OBOD) https://www.facebook.com/groups/NADruid/
For OBOD members only:
Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/OBODGroup/